Tuesday 23 January 2007

My First Time.

"In front of the camera it's often terribly difficult not to react, because the scenes are so funny, if one person starts twitching at the mouth it can be enough to set everybody off"
Joan Sims.

It was a Sunday, I remember because we'd not long had a 'big dinner' and 'big dinners' only happened on Sundays. Also it was the middle of the afternoon and I wasn't at school so this backs up my Sunday theory. Saturdays were normally spent visiting one of my numerous relatives or shopping. This was my first memory of watching a 'Carry On'. 'Carry On' films were 'rude'. I knew as much from the way my Mum had previously disapproved of me watching one. However, on this day Mum was having a bit of a siesta and so I could watch what I pleased. The very fact that it was labelled 'rude' appealed greatly to me, for I wanted to know all there was to know of such things. I sat enthralled for an hour and a half. There were of course parts that went straight over my young head, but I still loved it. My appreciation of 'Carry Ons' began that day and even now I return to them again and again, laughing at the same bits or groaning in pleasure at some of the awful puns and double entendres. That first film was 'Carry On Camping'' and I was hooked!

No comments:

LubyvisionDirecTV DVRDvddropshippersElite Entertainment NYStarwars
Get Free Links